April 09, 2022
Easy, classic Easter Nests topped with everyone's yummy favourite - Mini Eggs!
April 09, 2022
Time 15 minutes (plus 1 hour cooling)
- 300g Milk Chocolate, chopped
- 75g Butter (I used unsalted, but salted would also work)
- 75g Golden Syrup
- 175g Cornflakes - Or Rice Krispies!
- 300g Mini Eggs - Or your favourite Easter choc!
- Line a 12 hole cupcake/muffin tin with cases. Pour the cornflakes in to a large bowl and set aside. Chop/break the milk chocolate and gently melt along with the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan on a low-medium heat. Take off the heat when the mixture is smooth and runny. Be careful to not burn the chocolate!.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture in to the large bowl along with the cornflakes, and stir until fully combined.
- Using teaspoons, divded the mixture between the 12 cupcake cases. Press the mix down a little to help it stick together. Decorate with mini eggs (or whichever Easter choc you're using!).
- Leave to set in the fridge (this takes approx 1 hour in my fridge). Enjoy!
- - Store your Easter Nests in the fridge in an air tight container, where they will last for 3+ days!
- - I've used milk chocolate but you could use dark chocolate, or a mixture of milk and dark for a less sweet choc nest! White chocolate could also be used - If using white chocolate leave out the golden syrup and butter as it's not needed and may cause the mixture to split.