February 12, 2022
Yummy gooey rich cookies packed with milk chocolate chunks.
February 12, 2022
Time 1.5 hours
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 60g Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 110g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 50g Plain Flour
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 200g Milk Chocolate Bar - chopped in to large chunks
- Gently melt the butter and dark chocolate together in the microwave in short bursts until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl add the sugar and egg together and whisk until thick and creamy (this takes 3-5 minutes with an electric hand whisk, but can be done by hand, it'll just take a little longer!)
- Gently fold in the warm melted chocolate/butter mixture, and then add in all sifted dry ingredients (plain flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder) along with the chopped milk chocolate. Fold until just combined (don't overmix!).
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes (you can leave for longer if it suits you better!).
- When you're ready to bake the cookies line two baking trays with parchment paper and heat the oven to 180C (350F) standard / 160C (320F) fan. Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and roll 12 even portions of mixture in to balls using your hands, and then place them on to the prepared baking trays.
- Bake the cookies for 1-11 minutes (I tend to cook one batch at a time, as they bake better this way in my oven!). Allow the cookies to cool on the trays for 5 minutes to let them to firm up a bit, then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- - These cookies are best eaten fresh on the day they're made, however they will keep well for 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- - Don't place the cookies too close together on the baking tray, or you'll end up with one giant cookie.
- - I've used milk chocolate chunks, but you could use dark chocolate for a richer cookie, white chocolate, a combination, or leave out the chocolate chunks entirely!