May 22, 2021
Deliciously fudgy rich brownies packed walnuts and chocolate chunks.
May 22, 2021
Time 1 hour (plus cooling)
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 400g Dark Chocolate (200g for brownie base + 200g to mix in)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 100g Plain Flour
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 150g Walnuts
- Line a 9"x9" baking tin. Heat your oven to 180°C (350°F) standard / 160°C (320°F) fan. Chop 200g of the dark chocolate bars in to chunks if you're not using chocolate chips. Roughly chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Break the remaining 200g of dark chocolate in to chunks and then microwave in 20 second bursts until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a microwave in 20 seconds bursts until smooth, and then add the melted butter to a large bowl along with the caster sugar. Whisk (I use a hand whisk!) the melted butter and sugar together for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs one by one and whisk thoroughly. You should have a pale smooth mixture.
- Gently fold in the melted dark chocolate, and then sieve in the flour and cocoa powder. Fold the mixture gently until no flour pockets remains. Finally, fold in the chopped dark chocolate / chocolate chips, and the chopped walnuts (set a few chopped walnuts aside to decorate the top of the brownies).
- Pour the mixture in to the lined tin and then scatter on the remaining chopped walnuts - gently press them in to the mix. Cook the brownies for 25-30 mins until the middle has a very slight wobble and a toothpick/skewer test has a few wet crumbs. Don’t overbake or it’ll lose it's fudgeyness and become cakey!
- Once baked, leave your brownies to cool in the tin completely. Cut in to portions, then enjoy!
- - Once cooled, store the brownies in an airtight container where they'll keep for up to 1 week (try storing them in the fridge if you want them to be super fudgy!).
- - If you'd prefer you can swap the 200g of dark chocolate chunks/chips mixed ins for milk chocolate chunks/chips. Or you can leave out the chocolate mix ins completely and just stick to the walnuts!