November 21, 2020
Deliciously fudgy brownies packed with biscoff biscuits and biscoff spread. A must try for biscoff lovers!
November 21, 2020
Time 1 hour (plus cooling)
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 3 Large Eggs
- 100g Plain Flour
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 200g Biscoff Biscuits
- 200g Biscoff Spread - I used smooth
- Line a 9"x9" baking tin. Heat your oven to 180°C (350°F) standard / 160°C (320°F) fan. Cut all but 9 of the biscoff biscuits in to pieces (I cut each biscuit in to approx 4 pieces) and then set aside.
- Break the dark chocolate in to chunks and gently melt over a double boiler (or melt in the microwave in 20 second bursts) until smooth. Set aside to cool for 5-10 mins.
- Melt the butter in a microwave in 20 seconds bursts until smooth, then add the melted butter to a large bowl along with the caster sugar. Whisk (I use a hand whisk!) the butter and sugar together for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs one by one and then whisk for a further 1 minute. You should have a pale smooth mixture.
- Gently fold in the melted dark chocolate, and then fold in the sieved flour and cocoa powder until no flour pockets remains. Finally, fold in the broken biscoff biscuits.
- Pour the mixture in to the lined tin, then spoon on dollops of biscoff spread all over the top, and gently swirl it in with a butter knife. Finally, place the 9 whole biscoff biscuits on top (I placed them diagonolly starting in one corner in a 1-2-3-2-1 arrangement!) Cook for 25-30 mins until the middle has a very slight wobble and a toothpick/skewer test has a few wet crumbs. Don’t overbake or it’ll lose it's fudgeyness and become cakey!
- Once baked, leave your brownies to cool in the tin completely. Cut in to portions, then enjoy!
- - Once cooled, store the brownies in an airtight container where they'll keep for up to 1 week (try storing them in the fridge if you want them to be super fudgy!).
- - Less Biscoff Spread can be used if you want - use 100g and you'll still get a lovely biscoff flavour!