March 11, 2020
Crisp edges, soft chewy centres, and packed with M&Ms.
March 11, 2020
Time 30 minutes
- Stork Spread/ Softened Unsalted Butter(90g)
- Soft Light Brown Sugar (75g)
- Golden Syrup (1 tablespoon)
- Self Raising Flour (175g)
- Milk Chocolate (50g)
- Chocolate M&Ms (125g - one pouch)
- Milk (1 tablespoon)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C (350F) standard / 160C (320F) fan. Grease and line an 8"x8" inch baking tin with parchment paper. Cut your milk chocolate bar in to chunks. Crush your M&Ms.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the golden syrup, flour, crushed M&Ms, and milk chocolate (leave a handful of each aside for decoration).
- Add milk to loosen the mixture (you should have a firm sticky cookie dough).
- Roll 12 even portions of mixture in to balls using your handss, and then place them on the prepared baking trays. Press on the remaining milk chocolate and M&Ms as decoration.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes in the middle of the oven. Allow the cookies to cool on the trays for a couple of minutes as this will firm them up a bit, then remove and place on a cooling rack until fully cool.
- - These cookies are best eaten fresh on the day they're made, however they will keep well for 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- - Don't place the cookies too close together on the baking tray, or you'll end up with one giant cookie.
- - Add the milk a tiny amount at a time, as a little goes a long way. If the mixture is too runny the cookies will spread out more - the mixture should be loose but firm.
- - For chocolate M&M cookies: use 145g of Self Raising Flour and 30g of cocoa powder.
- *I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking the links. You will not be charged extra for this. Thank you for your support!
Recommended Equipment and Ingredients*