February 9, 2020
Basically a giant homemade no-bake honeycomb chocolate bar.
February 9, 2020
Time 15 minutes (plus 3 hours cooling)
- Butter (125g)
- Golden Syrup (125g)
- Milk Chocolate (500g)
- Dark Chocolate (200g)
- Digestive Biscuits (175g)
- Crunchies (200g)
- Line a 9"x9" baking tin.
- Gently melt the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan on a low-medium heat. Take off the heat when the mixture is smooth and starts to bubble.
- Break / cut in to small chunks 200g milk chocolate and the 200g dark chocolate and add to the butter and golden syrup.
- While waiting for the chocolate to melt, break the digestive biscuits and crunchies in to a large mixing bowl. Set aside 16 pieces of crunchie to decorate the top of the tiffin.
- When the chocolate is fully incorporated in to the butter and golden syrup mixture pour it on top of the digestives and crunchies and mix in until fully coated.
- Press the mixture down in to the lined baking tin.
- Topping: Melt the remaining 300g of milk chocolate in a heat proof bowl over hot water. When fully melted pour on top of the tiffin and arrange the remaining pieces of crunchie on top.
- - If the chocolate isn't fully melted in to the butter and golden syrup mix after a couple of minutes add the saucepan back on to the heat for a few seconds - but be careful to not over-heat the chocolate!
- - The topping can be altered to your taste: If you want your tiffin to be less packed full of chocolate you can leave out the topping! You can also reduce the topping to 200g of chocolate if you're running short on choc or don't want it to be as thick! And finally, the topping can also be made from a mix of dark and milk chocolate, or all dark chocolate, if you'd prefer!
- - I've used digestive biscuits (similar to graham crackers), but shortbread or other cookies can used as an alternative.
- *I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking the links. You will not be charged extra for this. Thank you for your support!
Recommended Equipment and Ingredients*