May 28, 2022
A fun twist on the classic banoffee pie, these yummy blondies are packed digestive biscuits, gooey caramel, and bananas!
May 28, 2022
Time1 hour (plus cooling)
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 275g Plain Flour
- 2 medium ripe Bananas
- 125g Caramel (I used Carnation Caramel, but you can use homemade if you want!)
- 125g Digestive Biscuits
- Line a 9"x9" baking tin. Heat oven to 180°C (350°F) standard oven / 160°C (320°F) fan oven. Break the digestive biscuits in to chunks, add the caramel to a bowl and stir to loosen up, peel and mush the bananas with a fork until a smooth paste forms - set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave in 20 seconds bursts until smooth, then add the melted butter to a large bowl along with soft ligh brown sugar. Whisk (I use a manual hand whisk!) the butter and sugar together for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and whisk for a further 1 minute. You should have a pale smooth mixture.
- Fold in sieved flour until no flour pockets remain, then fold in the mushed bananas. Finally, fold in the the broken digestive biscuits (leave a handful aside to add to the top of your blondie).
- Pour just over half of the mixture in to the lined tin, smooth out, and then dollop on some caramel. Top with the remaining blondie mixture, and swirl in the remaining caramel. Scatter on the remaining digestive biscuits and press them down gently in to the mix. Cook for 30-25 mins until the middle has a very slight wobble and a toothpick/skewer test has a few wet crumbs. Don’t overbake or it’ll lose it's fudgeyness and become cakey! (Tip: cover loosely with foil if you notice the caramel browning too much, but note that this will slightly increase baking time!)
- Once baked, leave your blondies to cool in the tin completely. Cut in to portions, then enjoy!
- - Once cooled, store the blondies in a loosely covered container in the fridge where they'll keep for 3-5 days.
- - Tip: Leave your blondies to set in the fridge if you want them to be super fudgy!