December 22, 2020
Easy, fudgy brownies packed with delicious toblerone chunks.
December 21, 2020
Time 1 hour (plus cooling)
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 350g-450g Toblerone - Milk chocolate variety (150g melted + 200g-300g chunks to mix in)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 100g Plain Flour
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract (Optional)
- Line a 9"x9" baking tin. Heat your oven to 180°C (350°F) standard oven / 160°C (320°F) fan oven. Cut the dark chocolate and the Toblerone in to chunks and place in to two seperate bowls.
- Gently melt the dark chocolate along with 150g of the toblerone over a double boiler (or melt in the microwave in 20 second bursts) until smooth. Set aside to cool for 5-10 mins.
- Melt the butter in a microwave in 20 seconds bursts until smooth, then add the melted butter to a large bowl along with the caster sugar. Whisk (I use a hand whisk!) the butter and sugar together for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs (and the almond extract if using) and whisk for a further 1 minute. You should have a pale smooth mixture.
- Gently fold in the melted chocolate, and then fold in the sieved flour and cocoa powder until no flour pockets remains. Finally, fold in the remaining chunks of toblerone.
- Pour the mixture in to the lined tin. Cook for 25-30 mins until the middle has a very slight wobble and a toothpick/skewer test has a few wet crumbs. Don’t overbake or it’ll lose it's fudgeyness and become cakey!
- Once baked, leave your brownies to cool in the tin completely. Cut in to portions, then enjoy!
- - Once cooled, store the brownies in an airtight container where they'll keep for up to 1 week (try storing them in the fridge if you want them to be super fudgy!).